Speech therapy is the assessment and treatment of communication problems and speech disorders. It is performed by speech-language pathologists (SLPs), which are often referred to as speech therapists. Speech therapy techniques are used to improve communication.
Care You Can Count On
- SLPs work with the full range of human communication and swallowing disorders in individuals of all ages. They:
- Evaluate and diagnose speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders
- Treat speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders
- Provide training and education to family/caregivers and other professionals
- Work collaboratively with professionals from many other disciplines